Monday, August 30, 2010

Who is alexanderSIMPLE?



Hello Basecampers!

I'm Sasha. Also known as "alexanderSIMPLE". I'll be putting up more stuff on the blog and will also have a real website in the near future. My university one disappeared (a year after I graduated) so I'll rebuild it soon. For the meantime, "alexanderSIMPLE.com" will route here.

A little about me: I live in Indianapolis and work in the manufacturing industry after having received my Bachelor's degree in Computer Graphics Technology from Purdue. I am in the process of implementing SketchUp at my work but in addition to that I've been working with it for fun for a few years now. I do full-builds of self-designed floor plans. My models are detailed but I use them mainly to figure out if my designs can be built. I started designing floor plans after picking up a Unique Homes magazine in 1996 and would draw stuff up on Staedtler paper. SketchUp has made my life much easier in recent years.

Anyways, due to working 40 hours a week, I don't have as much time as I want to for SketchUp. I think that after 3DBC, I'll try to display some more elaborate work. I'm backed up by about 100 models since the last time I posted here, so the best will be up soon!! :)))

As most people say, it's true... it's an addiction. Be sure to check out my Picasa web album too. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Alexander,
    Great meeting you at Base Camp, what can I do to help your entrepreneurial efforts?
    Give me a yell, Skype of facebookor something, and we can discuss the idea.
    Regards,
    ixboat

    ReplyDelete